kiss my lips

Thursday, May 6, 2010

Fun With COlor!!


This look was fun to do this morning as I looked at my plain Jane outfit and thought, my eyes can use some color! I used everything pictured on my eyes, with the exception of the blues in the Loreal quad. I wanted something colorful and pretty. I know the floating eyes pic is strange, but that is how it posted so I am rolling with it. Here is what I did;

I first primed my eyes with Hard Candy Eye Shadow Primer (not pictured) and then I covered from my lid up to my brow in the third color down in the Revlon Illuminating Creme Shadow pallet in Seashell.
I followed that up with the top highlight color of the Loreal Wear Infinite Quad in the Out of the Blue Palette on the center of my eyelid and above my crease.
I then put the Cover Girl Eye Enhancers Purple Shadow number 455 on the outer third of my lid.
To just the outside of my crease I applied the Revlon Blusher I talked about in my last post, Merlot at Midnight. It added intensity to the look.
On the top eyelid right up against my lashes and on my bottom water line I used NYC Liner in Bold Brown. I followed that with Hard Candy's Walk the Line liner in Gold Glitter on the outer part of my bottom lash line, and right above the Bold Brown liner all the way across my top lash line. I finished the look with Great Lash mascara (not pictured).
It probably seems like a lot of steps. I used just two brushes and my fingers for all the shadows. A Revlon shadow brush for all the eyeshadow colors except the Merlot at Midnight on the outside of my crease.
I like to create looks that have lots of dimension when I have time to play around with color!

No comments:

Post a Comment